Chronograph is not a new adventure for Replica Panerai, which has supplied advanced mechanical instruments for measuring short intervals, since 1943, the reference year of the Mare Nostrum project, a model designed for the deck officers of the Italian Navy, developed only to the prototype stage, one of which is carefully preserved in the Panerai museum in Florence.
Today, Panerai’s advanced chronograph celebrates the audacity of the Luna Rossa Prada Pirelli team and allows enthusiasts to bring the sensation of racing against time to any activity, professional or personal, athletic or otherwise.
From the visionary connection between the history of the brand and the technology integral to Luna Rossa, a chronograph with a distinctly sporty character is born, a marker of expertise and unmistakable Italian style. Made in a limited edition, the Luminor Chrono Luna Rossa PAM01303 will be available in just 1000 pieces, to celebrate the passion and talent of the Luna Rossa Prada Pirelli Team.
An extension of the Luminor line dedicated to measuring precision performance, the Luminor Chrono stands apart from traditional chronographs for its placement of the start, stop and reset pushers on the left, to preserve the iconic design conferred by the crown protecting bridge on the right.
The new watch features a deep blue sandwich dial, with sporty graphics and a tachymeter scale on the flange, designed to extend its use on land. Red and white details, Luna Rossa, enrich the dial.
At the root of the model’s accuracy and precision, and its peculiar functions, lies the new self-winding P.9200 Calibre, a tangible manifestation of the chronograph complication. A reliable movement with a 42-hour power reserve that is delivered by the energy stored by a single barrel.
Waterproof up to 10 bar (more 100 meters), the Panerai Luminor Chrono Luna Rossa features two bi-material bracelets with a rubber structure which ensures quality and long durability, and a technical waterproof material on the surface, a solution that makes the Luna Rossa bracelets ideal for sports activities.
Also included is a tool to allow interchangeability of the straps and a screwdriver for removing the buckle. All the materials are housed in a box encased in sailcloth and signed by Panerai and Luna Rossa.
· Case: Steel brushed case, diameter 44mm, thickness 15.65mm. Polished bezel. Safety Lock crown protection device (protected by trademark), lever and crown in brushed steel. Sapphire crystal. Twelve-sided screwed caseback in brushed steel.
· Waterproof: 10 bar (~100 meters).
· Dial: Deep blue with satiné soleil finishing, sandwich structure, with Arabic numerals and indexes in white Super-LumiNova with green luminescence. Luna Rossa personalization. Seconds at 9 o’clock, chronograph minutes counter at 3 o’clock, central chronograph seconds hand, tachymeter scale on the flange.
· Movement: Mechanical automatic, P.9200 caliber, 13 1⁄4 lignes, 6.9mm thick, 41 jewels, 28,800 vibrations/hour, Glucydur balance wheel, Incabloc shockproof device, single barrel.
· Functions: Hours, minutes, small seconds, chronograph.
· Power Reserve: 42 hours.
· Strap: Bi-material in technical fabric and rubber, blue with Luna Rossa personalization, with trapezoidal pin buckle in brushed steel. Additional bi-material strap in technical fabric and rubber, white with Luna Rossa personalization.